Prepare Your Home For Sale Checklist (Use this handy guide to help you!) One fabulous benefit as my client is the Home Sold Report that shows you what all the homes in your neighborhood have sold for. You can receive this report monthly to help you decide the best time and the best price for you to call me and make your move. It's great information and especially fun for those who are just thinking about selling and want to educate themselves in their local market.
Choose only the items best suited for your property needs and it may seem like a lot but - totally worth it for a SOLD sign! Use this as an early opportunity to pack in preparation for your sale. Organize boxes neatly in garage. (Clients get a moving packet beginning 6 mos ahead.)
A. The Exterior of your Home 1. The Yard [ ] Cut and Edge the Lawn. [ ] Trim bushes & trees removing all dead limbs & debris. [ ] Add fertilizer/ greening agent to lawn & plants. [ ] Remove all weeds from flowerbeds, rocks, & cracks in concrete. (Suggest Weed Be Gone or similar product). [ ] Install/ Inspect decorative metal or stone borders between lawn & planting beds. [ ] Clean up rock/ mulch beds making sure the rock covers the ground Add more rock/mulch if needed.
3. House [ ] Inspect all exterior elements of home: gutters, downspouts, siding, windows sashes, trim, & shutters. Clean, paint, and/or replace as needed. [ ] Replace any broken windows, doors, & screens. Make sure they all operate properly. [ ] Clean windows & screens thoroughly. This helps brighten the home inside. [ ] Roof: Inspect for missing/ damaged shingles & flashings. Make any necessary repairs. [ ] Clean & touch up paint on the little things: House numbers, mailboxes, doorbells, etc…
4. Front Porch: Extra Attention Needed! This should be very welcoming. [ ] Replace front door if damaged & can not be repaired. [ ] Paint door & trim. [ ] Clean porch area. [ ] Put out a new & clean doormat. [ ] Install potted/ hanging plants if space permits. [ ] Have a nice porch light. Repaint, clean, or replace. Install high wattage bulbs to make porch area brighter.
B. Interior 1. Whole House Improvements *THOROUGHLY CLEAN ENTIRE HOME!* [ ] Clean windows & screens. [ ] Clean curtains, drapes, & blinds. [ ] Clean carpets. If pet stains exist replace carpet & pad. [ ] Clean & wax wood floors. [ ] Clean vinyl & ceramic floors. [ ] Clean, paint, replace all vent covers. [ ] Clean, polish, paint/stain wood trim in home. [ ] Be sure to remove pet & smoke odor when cleaning. Smell is a huge part of what buyers remember about your home. [ ] Remove wallpaper & borders (this is a personal taste & buyers see work when they see wallpaper). [ ] Freshly paint home using white, off white or beige or neutral paint. This will match the buyers furnishings. [ ] Repair damages to walls & ceilings. Includes: holes, cracks, & water stains. Repaint. Make House Light & Bright! [ ] Clean all lamp shades & covers. [ ] Replace bulbs with high wattage bulbs. [ ] Clean windows & screens.
2. Closets [ ] Remove out of season clothing from closets. [ ] Leave only a few items on the floor of closets. [ ] Add extra, empty hangers. [ ] Neatly arrange items on shelving. [ ] Leave extra space on shelves.
3. Pay Attention to the Little Things [ ] Tighten loose door knobs. [ ] Fix any leaky faucets. [ ] Tighten loose towel racks. [ ] Oil any squeaky doors or drawers. [ ] Arrange furniture to give an open feel. Remove any unnecessary or oversized furniture. [ ] Make sure all switches & outlets are clean & working properly. [ ] Place fresh flower arrangements throughout home. [ ] Make sure windows open & close with out squeaking. [ ] Hide Prescription medication. Theft of these items is rising. [ ] Remove any personal items of value or items that will not be sold with the home. [ ] Remove family pictures and portraits so the Buyers can envision themselves in the home.
4. Kitchen & Baths [ ] Thoroughly clean all counter tops, appliances, mirrors, ovens, sinks, toilets, tub, & shower walls. [ ] Store small appliances to open up counter space. [ ] Clear off vanity counter tops & store all personal care items neatly. [ ] Clean ventilating hood & exhaust fans. [ ] Remove rust stains. [ ] New knobs on drawers & cabinets if needed to update. [ ] Clean & organize drawers, cabinets, & linen closets. [ ] Clean all tile grout & caulk. (Suggest Clorox Bleach Pen & Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, or similar product). [ ] Re-caulk areas that can not be cleaned.
5. Garage, Basement, Attic, & Storage Areas [ ] Dispose of everything you are not going to move. [ ] Arrange items neatly & clutter free. [ ] Consider painting walls & ceilings white or neutral. [ ] Remove stains & dirt from floor. [ ] Paint floors gray if needed. This will require Floor Paint. [ ] Organize garden tools & equipment. [ ] Wipe off dirt/cob webs from water heater, furnace, washer & dryer. [ ] Cure water problems in basement. Seek professional advice if needed.
Carla Gardner Realtor ~ Employing Independent Broker T: 303.507.3392 Carla1@Realtor.com CC Realty ~ Luxe International 514 Wilcox St~PO Box 742~Castle Rock~CO~80104 Carla Gardner ~ CC Realty ~ All Rights & Trademarks Reserved. Copyright 2015 - 2019 ~CC Realtyfully supports the principles of the Fair Housing Act and the Equal Opportunity Act. All logos and service marks are owned by CC Realty. While some properties on this site may not be our exclusive listings, we have ongoing relationships with agents in those markets through IDX. Please contact us for assistance.